There are times I wish I could clear the plate and start all over online --but seeing my progress and growth as a person is pretty cool. I keep most things private or under a pseudonym, knowing that the internet can tend toward people being openly and unabashedly sharing their opinions (not always in kind or respectful ways).
To improve my social media, improving my photography skills is pretty high on the list. Also, more advocacy hashtags!
My goal for this coming year is to capture some highlights of my classroom during the year to put out on twitter (pictures/videos) to show some of the cool lessons performed.
I wish Instagram would return to showing posts chronologically. I also wish algorithms played less of a role in how content is displayed on all platforms - for example, I wish I didn't primarily see posts first that have the most interaction on them, as it causes me to miss posts I actually care about.
I wish Instagram did not show how many likes pictures got. So many peoples' self esteem is based on how many people like a picture or who likes a picture. If the picture doesn't get enough likes they delete it. I wish you did not have to go to a separate app to send messages on Facebook. I also wish there was a way to know the accuracy of articles shared. I feel like there is so much misinformation that can spread like wildfire. I also wish adds on social media were not so relevant. I hate how it knows what I have searched or what I have talked about and then brings it up in the advertisements. It is so creepy how marketing works these days. -Bonnie Phillips
Initially, I did not have any input on improvements that I feel could be made on social media. I feel that I do not use it enough to have any issues. Although, after reading some of my classmates responses, I agree with them. I feel that it would make more sense for Instagram to post in chronological order versus interaction. Often times I miss family members posts that I would enjoy seeing, but due to low interaction I do not get to see them if I don't go and look at their page!
If you are a student in KH7390, please post your blog URL in the comment area. (You will create your blog during the Google unit. So, you do not have to post the URL until you create your blog.)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThere are times I wish I could clear the plate and start all over online --but seeing my progress and growth as a person is pretty cool. I keep most things private or under a pseudonym, knowing that the internet can tend toward people being openly and unabashedly sharing their opinions (not always in kind or respectful ways).
ReplyDeleteTo improve my social media, improving my photography skills is pretty high on the list. Also, more advocacy hashtags!
-Posey
To be hones I don't know all of the tools for using social media. Once I learn more I could better make my opinions known with more knowledge.
ReplyDeleteMy goal for this coming year is to capture some highlights of my classroom during the year to put out on twitter (pictures/videos) to show some of the cool lessons performed.
ReplyDeleteI wish Instagram would return to showing posts chronologically. I also wish algorithms played less of a role in how content is displayed on all platforms - for example, I wish I didn't primarily see posts first that have the most interaction on them, as it causes me to miss posts I actually care about.
ReplyDeleteI wish Instagram did not show how many likes pictures got. So many peoples' self esteem is based on how many people like a picture or who likes a picture. If the picture doesn't get enough likes they delete it. I wish you did not have to go to a separate app to send messages on Facebook. I also wish there was a way to know the accuracy of articles shared. I feel like there is so much misinformation that can spread like wildfire. I also wish adds on social media were not so relevant. I hate how it knows what I have searched or what I have talked about and then brings it up in the advertisements. It is so creepy how marketing works these days.
ReplyDelete-Bonnie Phillips
I agree that it is creepy that you were searcher something online and see an advertisement on facebook for the same product you were searching for.
DeleteInitially, I did not have any input on improvements that I feel could be made on social media. I feel that I do not use it enough to have any issues. Although, after reading some of my classmates responses, I agree with them. I feel that it would make more sense for Instagram to post in chronological order versus interaction. Often times I miss family members posts that I would enjoy seeing, but due to low interaction I do not get to see them if I don't go and look at their page!
ReplyDelete